This is THE opportunity to test if your business idea is really something worth pursuing, and to eventually build your dream. You will get the time, resources and guidance needed to research, test and learn. It gives you the chance to be your own boss and run the show as a product team, to get a great experience and very valuable learning within a key strategic area for Telenor.
- Paid time-off to work on your idea for 3 months
- Top-notch curriculum and advice from experienced mentors
- Support to do user research and validate the idea in your target market
- Passionate about building your dream
- Can thrive and learn under ambiguity
- Want to be a trailblazer for Telenor's digital ambition
- A team (max 3 members) or single person with a great idea
- Full-time employee of Telenor
|2 Dec: Online launch batch 2|
|Dec-Jan: Local launch events and workshops to help with application process, see telenor.facebook.com/groups/IgniteIncubator/events/|
|15 Jan: Application deadline|
|15-16 Jan: Screening by Ignite team and category experts|
|16-18 Jan: Interviews of top ~100 teams|
|19-20 Jan: BU pitch to select 1 team to final pitch from each BU|
|25-26 Jan: TGF selects 3 teams, Ignite team selects 15|
|27 Jan: 30 Final pitch teams announced|
|16-17 Feb: Final pitch in Singapore, incubator participants selected|
|6-9 Mar: Incubator period start with Onboarding week in Oslo|
|8 Jun: Demo day|
We follow standard T&C in the employment contract, where all IPR resulting from use of company resources will generally belong to Telenor. So we will of course not take your idea if you submit and are not accepted to the program. But if you make it as one of the teams in the actual incubator, and get the paid time off and resources to work on your idea, it will by standard employment terms belong to Telenor. But you will have the right to be part of taking it forward, and if it's to be spun out at some point there will be a consideration about ownership stakes. This both to compensate Telenor for the resources committed, and to incentivize the team to make a great success. So here we'll be pragmatic, and find a good solution.
Yes, you can submit multiple ideas, but we would encourage you to focus on one. If submitting multiple, you need have team(s) for each. We might invite both to pitch, but for the actual bootcamp we need to be very sure that you can manage two brilliant ideas and teams at the same time. So quite likely we'll only select one.
Yes, we will consider externals as part of the 3 person teams going into the incubator, as long as the leader is an employee. But we'd then have to come to an agreement regarding compensation for the incubator period, no funding will be provided prior to that. We anyways might need to complement teams with external resources.
- Validated idea
- Clearly identified user pain
- Problem within core categories: Communication, Storage, Security, Financial Services, B2B, IOT
- Problem well defined and researched
- Addressable commercial market > 50 million
- Telenors advantage to address it
- Team matching the problem
- Core team: 2-3 people
- Roles and background
- How they complement each other and is a great fit for solving the problem
Fill in the application form, and then well have a timestamped record of your entry.
Please refer to the attached checklist / rules to check the quality of your Startup Idea.
The team is (almost) everything! Ideas are cheap, execution is the hard part.
- We focus only on the core product categories; Communication services, Storage, Security, Financial Services, B2B, IOT
- We increase expectation level for the application to have done basic idea validation, and the application process is supported by workshops on ideation and user research
- The incubator program will be more focused on basic skills like user research, analytics, prototyping and running experiments, and all teams will be physically together for this, in Oslo and Singapore. The remining time will be spent doing research and testing in the teams target market.
The program starts with onboarding week in Oslo, where you learn the basics of innovation, product development and user research, and make a detailed plan for how to validate your idea further. You will then spend 2 weeks researching in your target market, located in an incubator or startup environment and supported by local user researchers and central mentoring team. Similarly, there will be a series of workshops on core topics in the new Singapore office hosted by leading internal or external experts, followed by local research or experiments, before coming back together with all the teams. You will have dedicated Product Managers supporting and guiding you along the way. The incubator period ends with demo day presenting to the jury and GEM in the beginning of June.
Preliminary program (to be detailed/confirmed):
- Week 10 (incubator week 1): Onboarding week in Oslo. Introductions, product development overview, user research, research planning, tips and tricks on journey ahead by Ignite batch #1 alumni
- Week 11-12(incubator week 2-3): User research in target market
- Week 13 (incubator week 4): User analysis workshop in Singapore
- Week 14 (incubator week 5): Refine user research in target market
- Week 15 (incubator week 6): Prototyping workshop in Singapore
- Week 16-18 (incubator week 7-9): Run experiments on prototypes in target market
- Week 19 (incubator week 10): Analysis workshop in Singapore
- Week 20-22 (incubator week 11-13): Run experiments on prototype in target market
- Week 23 (incubator week 14): Final workshop and demo day in Bangkok